Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting crazy, or Setting your Browser language back to English!

Living abroad? Like me in Korea? Always get your Google home page in Korean, no matter what?
You might have set your Google location to, e.g. New York. You thought that should give you English, right.
Well, that might have worked. 
More often, it will not. In my case, using Google Chrome as my browser, the home page
keeps switching back to a Korean version, making me *%$*^%$*%^ one more time, after I scroll to
the bottom of my page, where I can switch to English (again)

Enough is enough!

Here is the solution:

You will have to change not so much your location (I tried, believe me), but you will need to change 
your default home page settings!


This is done under the Basic settings (preferences). If your default is Google.co.kr, then you know
who is causing you trouble!
You cannot easily change that default however. Scroll down the list, until you see Google.com, select
that one, and then (magic), you can click "make default"
Do so! Ok, one more step (who said it's easy?), and DELETE the Google.co.kr, that is still sitting there, 
ready to cause more trouble.

Now it should look like in the picture.
That will work, keep you sane, and bring back your love for Googling stuff.
Take my word for it!

Marcel


No comments:

Post a Comment

------------ post feedback if you like! +++++++++++++